We are holding our summer party on Saturday 1st August, but this year, we are taking it online! It will be a fun day where we can share lots of sewing and fabric-related fun. And the great thing this year is, location is not an issue! The event is open worldwide.
What is happening on the day?
- An alterations challenge
- A tour of the shop
- Q&A session
- Mask making workshop
- A big prize raffle in aid of Safelives
- Discounts and special offers
- A sewing-themed quiz
The event will be run from 10am until 6pm but you can dip in and out, as you wish.
10:30 Alterations challenge starts
11:10 Q&A session
12:45 Alterations challenge ends – contestants show off their makes
13:15 Judges announce winner of the alterations challenge
14:00 Virtual shop tour, including fun fabric/pattern challenges
15:00 Sewing quiz final round
16:00 Online mask making workshop (you will need to pre-book a place if you wish to attend)
17:00 Quiz winners and raffle winners announced
What do I need?
A device with internet connection! We will be running the events via Zoom and Instagram/Facebook live. We will provide all links for you to attend.
Do I need to register?
Yes, register for your free place here. This will mean you will have access to all of the links etc.
Can I take part in the alterations challenge?
We already have all of the places filled for the challenge but it will be a really fun event to watch. We also have some amazing judges from the sewing community – Joy from Pink Coat Club, Rumana from The Little Pomegranate and Juliet from Sew So Natural.
What’s the deal with the raffle?
The raffle is already live and will close at 17:00 GMT on Saturday 1st Aug. Tickets are £1 and you can buy as many tickets as you like. As it is an online raffle, we have had to use a third party website. It does require you to create an account, but this is so we can contact you if you win a prize. We would recommend NOT signing in with Facebook though as it makes you create an account anyway! You can access the raffle here. All of the proceeds will go to our chosen charity (minus the handling fee from the third party website).
- A £20 voucher from Pink Coat Club
- A £20 voucher from Sew Me Sunshine
- 2 printed sewing patterns of your choice from The Avid Seamstress
- A Spool of Thread enamel pin and a Woven Label Multi Pack from the Crafty Pin Up
- A digital sewing pattern of your choice from Jennifer Lauren Handmade
- Your choice of three digital sewing patterns from Tilly and the Buttons.
- A PDF pattern of your choice from Experimental Space
- A lucky dip box from subscription box service Sew Hayley Jane
- A stunning necklace of your choice from Sew Dainty
A massive thank you to the amazing businesses who have donated these prizes! All proceeds from the raffle will go to Safelives – a UK-wide charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse, for everyone and for good.
Can I take part in the quiz?
Yes here! But you only have till 3pm GMT.
We can’t wait to “see” you!
Sarah and the team! x