We are holding a sewing meet up on Saturday 17th August to give the sewists of the South West (and beyond) a chance to meet up, talk about our favourite hobby, stroke some lovely fabrics and show off our handmade finery.
What is happening on the day?
- Drinks and nibbles
- Demos of improv quilting and sustainable crafting
- A big prize raffle in aid of Headway Bristol (full details below)
- Sewcial sewing in our studio (this will need to be booked in advance)
- Pattern swap
- Discounts and special offers
The shop will be open from 10am until 6pm and then there will be a little after party from 6pm until 8pm in the evening where the bubbly and disco ball will come out!
The sewcial sewing will take place from 10:30 until 3pm.
The raffle will be drawn at 4pm.
Feel free to pop in for a bit or stay all day!
Is there a theme?
Yes – the theme is jungle! This covers everything from animal print to tropical leaves, flowers to lemurs!
How do I get there?
Check out our Visit Us page for more info
What if I don’t know anyone?
Come and make friends! Sewists are generally a very friendly bunch so come along and make some new friends with lots in common. We find fabric stroking to be a good ice breaker! There will be lots of people coming on their own, and all of our staff are super friendly so don’t feel shy!
Do I need to register?
There is no need to register but we would appreciate it if you could let us know on our Facebook event if you plan on coming so that we have an idea of how many to cater for!
If you would like to join us for the Sewcial Sewing, you will need to book a place on our workshop page
What’s the deal with the raffle?
You can win the following:
- A £20 voucher to spend on some gorgeous goodies from Pink Coat Club. Joy sells a beautiful array of sewing themed pins, keyrings, necklaces and stickers.
- The latest pattern release from Experimental Space Patterns – the Rosalee dress.
- A sewing themed acrylic necklace from Sew Dainty.
- A fabric and haberdashery box from the lovely Sew Hayley Jane.
- Two sewing themed enamel pins and tote bag from Abi from the Crafty Pin Up.
- A set of Sewcialist pattern weights from Like Sew Amazing.
We would like to thank all of your generous sponsors for their kind donations. All proceeds from the raffle will go to Headway Bristol.
We can’t wait to see you!