I needed some new summer pyjamas and when we got the amazing Toe Bean Dreams fabric in stock I decided it was time to make some! Especially after seeing some of your lovely versions on Instagram!
I shortened the Agnes by an inch as I didn’t want it to be too long. I also shorted the sleeves by a couple of inches and I may end up removed the sleeves altogether and turning it into a vest top as I tend to wear them more but I will see how I get on with it as it is first.
I have made a few pairs of the Hudson pants before and love the fit and style of them so I traced off new front and back pattern pieces and then cut them off mid thigh, giving myself enough room to decide on the length later.
I used some of our orange cotton jersey for contrast details – I made the neckband of the top and the waistband and pocket details of the shorts out of it. I was actually looking at pink fabrics to match the toe bean detail but the corally orange was a much better match.
Rather than have the hem bands, I just coverstitched the bottom of the shorts, along with the hem and sleeves of the top.
I made the waistband cord by cutting an inch thick piece of the orange jersey and overlocking it together right sides together and then turning it through using a prym turner.
Jasmine got in on the photoshoot action so I made her a little cape out of a scrap of the toe bean fabric. She enjoyed it until she went to take a drink and it got wet!
Overall I am really pleased with my pyjamas – they fit really well and I love the contrast details on them. I will definitely make some more for the summer months.